Saturday, April 7, 2007

Living with Denise the Menace and Loving It

Do you have a Dennis the Menace in your family?
My son is my little cute and cuddly denise the menace. He has a great deal of energy that if could be harnessed would make us billionares. Life is full of some many challenges that we can overlook the fun that a Dennis the Menace can bring. We get distracted by the inconveniences that comes with the adventures that we lose sight of the joy that is brought about because of the adventurous spirit of our little boys.
I am constantly reminded by friends that they grow up quickly, but that does not make me stop to just sit in the moment. My little baby is now a young child embarking into Kindergarten and one day will graduate from High school and go to college. I have come to realize that sometimes we need to enjoy the adventure with our boys instead of constantly trying to mold them into our image.
My Dennis the Menace may try my nerves at times but I would not change a thing about him. He is light in a hectic day. His light and laughter should be my focus instead of all of the propriety that surrounds our lives.

No comments: