Friday, April 27, 2007

While teaching in the high school I work at I had one of my students ask me what I thought made a "good" Christian. I gave her a brief answer, but later I thought more about it. The Lord gave me five ways.
1. Love the Lord, this is not just to like the Lord but to really wholehearted, unconditionally Love the Lord.
2. Live for the Lord, not just accept His free gift of eternal life but to actually live as His disciple.
3. Listen to the Lord, seek out what He would have you do. You can do this through prayer and reading the Bible.
4. Learn from the Lord, be a doer of what you have learned. Don't just hear what you need to do but actually find ways to do it.
5. Lean on the Lord, in the good time and in the bad we need to learn to lean on the Lord for our strength.
These are ways that will make our walk with Christ stronger and more meaningful.

No comments: